Serves: 4 as a side
- 2 cups water
- 1½ cups of Pure Unga or Pure Sembe
- Bring the water to a boil in a medium sauce pan.
- Reduce the heat to low, and stirring constantly with a whisk, slowly add the cornmeal to the boiling water. The ugali will begin to thicken quite quickly.
- Continue cooking on low heat, stirring every minute or so with a sturdy wooden spoon, until the ugali begins to pull away from the sides of the pan and hold together, 3 to 5 minutes. Turn it out immediately onto a serving plate. If you would like, using a spoon or spatula, quickly shape it into a thick disk or round.
- The ugali will continue to firm as it cools, and will be thick enough to cut with a knife (similar to firm polenta).
- Serve it up with your favorite savory stew or curry.